Workplace Medical Corp.
Workplace Medical Corp. cares deeply about the health and welfare of our clients. We would like to share with you what we are doing, respond to questions we have been getting and provide you with links to credible sources of information.
What we are doing at Workplace Medical
- We are open for business.
- Our hygiene and social distancing policies are in place and communicated to all staff.
- We have new signage at our clinics, onsite locations, trucks and training rooms to remind employees if they are not feeling well, they should not participate in medical tests or training.
- We have waived all cancellation fees. We understand if you need to cancel or postpone scheduled services with us.
- The most common question is about screening for fever and exposure when employees enter the workplace. We are unable to offer this service and don’t recommend it as a company policy. Our recommendation is to vigorously enforce a policy of not coming to work if you are not feeling well.
- Yes, our clinics and onsite services are open. In particular, we are expediting the provision of mask fit testing.
- If you have a short-term disability (STD) plan, we suggest removing the waiting period and, for self quarantined employees, establish the reason for self-quarantine. Quarantine situations may be best handled as an accommodation claim versus a STD claim.
- Review your STD policy regarding plant shutdown. Typically STD plans do not cover plant shutdown. You may want to consider relaxing this policy.
Our goal is to keep your organization and ours, healthy. Whether working in the office or remotely, we are dedicated to providing the services and training you need, so please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
At times like these, we must rely on only the most credible sources of information. We recommend the following websites to stay up to date on matters relating to COVID-19.
Government of Canada Public Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Government of Canada Travel Advisories
Johns Hopkins Case Count
Ontario Ministry of Health
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus, https://files.ontario.ca/moh-coronavirus-pec-poster-en-2020-03-09.pdf, http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
The Atlantic: “Cancel Everything”
This highly cited article provides a clear review of the spread of the virus and what we need to do
William J. Shapiro
President & CEO