WCB Claims Management
Integrating WCB claims management programs with your occupational health program creates a uniquely powerful and effective way to reduce short-term and long-term disability costs.
Claims management requires resources and expertise to ensure that employee medical information is properly investigated, recorded and reported. It can be fragmented by occupational and non-occupational “silos”, as well as by the involvement of various external, non-medical service providers, adjudicators, and consultants.
Remove the Medical Expertise Burden from your Staff
At Workplace Medical, we believe claims management is a medical service, and therefore should be provided by a medical services company and medical professionals. Our claims management program is an extension of our core occupational health and absence management services, and integrates into our medical support program.
Our claims management program is designed to ensure each claim is properly managed and administered, regardless if the payer is the WCB, your insurance company, or your own company if you are self-insured. The goal is the same: the early and safe return to work of your employee with the follow through and expertise required to ensure that related costs are minimized and the process is implemented properly.
Elements of our WCB claims management program include:
- Ensuring accident investigation forms are completed properly
- Providing claim advice for possible objections to the insurance provider
- Submitting of objection letters and representation at appeals if required
- Reviewing NEER statements and providing cost projections
- Medical support and advice to proactively manage medical issues, including our unique “Time Loss Review” medical exam and doctor-to-doctor communication
- Nurse case management to assist in the employee’s safe Return-to-Work, including following up with the employee, the employee’s physician and our physician, as well as coordinating additional tests and services, such as Functional Abilities Evaluations, Physical Demands Analysis and Independent Medical Assessments
- Adjudication services for short-term disability plans
If you’d like to assess whether there are any leaks in your organization’s absence management program, get your free Assessment Guide entitled, “Are there leaks in your absence management program.“