We expedite the process, dramatically reducing the turnaround time from an average of 53 days to 7 days for complex claims.
Our experience combined with our unique medical assessment tools allow for strategic handling of every one of your claims, and dramatically reduces the cycle time for managing complex claims. We remove the red tape currently embedded in the traditional short-term disability case management model by adopting a completely telephonic approach.
Employee absences are reported directly to us, eliminating the 3-part application process. An in-depth interview is conducted via telephone by a professional case manager who can handle detailed medical information, getting the process moving faster.
The case manager determines what information is necessary for a decision on the claim, and actively obtains it rather than obtaining generic information contained in a standard claim form. For complex claims, the case manager can arrange for a Doctor-to-Doctor conference between one of WMC’s occupational health physicians and the employee’s doctor. This telephonic approach results in less time handling paper, and more time actually managing your employee absence!
Our unique approach provides you with:
- Professional case managers with an average of 10 years experience
- Disability case management of employee absences, from day “0” to claim closure
- Separation of medical from non-medical employee absences
- Validation of medical necessity for employee absences
- Doctor-to-Doctor Conference
- Comprehensive management of a gradual Return-to-Work plan through to return to regular hours & duties
- Protection of Long Term Disability product