Basic Claims Service
Basic Claims Service includes all administrative work required to submit a new claim to the appropriate provincial Worker’s Compensation Board.
The service includes:
- Review of report of injury form completed by supervisor (fillable form on WMC portal platform)
- Communication with supervisor as may be required regarding accident investigation
- Initial discussions with manager, employee and payroll regarding accident and investigation, Information gathering including clarification and verification occurs.
- Identification and discussion of “red flags” and confirmation of modified work offer including the nature of modified work, Functional Abilities/Standard Restriction and PDA review, if required
- Submission of Employer Report of Accident to appropriate Board or Commission with authorization, and objection letter, if required, Advice Form to employee’s manager & corporate office
- Revised/updated Form 7 – e.g., a change from no lost time to lost time and/or provision of earnings information
- Claim Advice Form to the employee’s manager and corporate office
- Review WSIB decision letter