JHSC Refresher Training
Participants who completed the Part One and Part Two certification are required to take a 1-day JHSC Refresher training every 3 years in order to stay current with all JHSC programs.
JHSC Refresher Training Outline (6.5 hours):
- Key words in the act; standards, regulations, guidelines, codes, etc.
- Responsibilities and duties of all workplace parties
- The duties and rights of the JHSC
- Conditions where a right to refuse or stop work is justified
- Reprisals from employers
- Enforcement and notices
- Recognition, Assessment, Controls, Controls, Evaluation (RACE)
- How to investigate and conduct an interview
- Group work exercise
- Resources for prevention
- Test, course evaluation and Q&A period
What if I’m Certified Under the Old Standards?
Participants don’t have to take the refresher program every 3 years if they took both Part One and Part Two under the old standards.
If someone completes Part One under the old standard, they do not have to take Part 2 within 6 months. The Part One doesn’t expire so they can take Part 2 at any time.
However, after taking Part Two under the new standards, participants will be in the new process where they must take the JHSC Refresher course every 3 years.