Why Choose Workplace Medical Corp.?
Workplace Medical Corp. is your single source partner, we can help you to reduce avoidable absences. This is the key to increasing productivity and reducing the burdens and expenses that absence management and occupational health have on your business.
Solutions that translate to measureable savings in your absence costs
WMC understands that the costs and impact of occupational health and employee absence extend beyond the more obvious outlay for WSIB , casual, short and long term disability (STD/LTD) expenses. Overall productivity is affected when workers are absent, and a burden is placed on your human resources team and management staff to manage and communicate about these absences.
We can help reduce the costs of avoidable absencens, both direct and in-direct, by not only helping you to manage medical issues, but also to improve business productivity and reduce administrative and WSIB/STD expenses. To accomplish this, we address three key pillars:
Prevent: Reduce avoidable absences
- Reduce absenteeism and improve your health and safety management system.
Reduce WSIB and STD costs by implementing proactive policies that prevent or minimize absences.
Respond: Streamline processes to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Increase the efficiency of the absence notification process with a dedicated call center that fits seamlessly into your business processes. This takes the burden of notification administration off the shoulders of your managers.
- Implement a technology solution to support a consistent recording of relevant absence details. Leverage this technology to activate the appropriate workflows of communication and actions.
- Consistently collect relevant information to understand the impact of absence on your business with a centralized information management system to track and monitor employee absences and health care records.
- For medical absences, enhance communication channels with a single phone number to arrange appointments and coordinate services with our associated physicians across Canada, and get the information you require, when you require it.
- Trust our proven track record of excellence in care and consultation. Manage medical issues and benefit from our wide range of occupational health expertise, and gain priority treatment for work injuries and quick access to independent medical exams.
Rely on the superior service provided by our large and experienced administrative group to ease the burden on your managers and HR staff.
Return to Work: Make the best choices for your workers and your business
- Rely on our disability management team to manage your medical absences.
- Engage your Company Doctor for a Time Loss Review and get an accurate funtional assessment from the start.
- Build effective back to work plans to help each employee return to work or modified duties safely and as soon as possible
- Determine eligibility for programs such as SIEF (Second Injury Enhancement Fund) and other sources of relief from WSIB costs
Access the information you need to support your business if a claim moves to arbitration
Trust WMC’s experience in occupational health and absence management to help reduce your avoidable absences
Workplace Medical Corp. has been providing occupational health services for over 50 years, for companies ranging in size from 15 employees to 7,000. We serve a variety of industries including transportation, manufacturing, construction, government and municipal services, and service organizations.
Many of our over 3,000 clients have partnered with us for many years, working with us as an extension of their business, not merely suppliers to it.
Learn more about how we can help to streamline your occupational health and absence management programs by preventing absence, responding to absence, facilitating safe returns to work, and with our many occupational health services.