Test Your Absence Management Policy
Discover where costly leaks exist in your processes
Whether you have a well-established absence management policy or need to develop one, the following questions will help you identify leaks in your business.
- Is there a lack of clear policy definitions?
- Do managers make inconsistent policy decisions?
Is there an environment of poor enforcement and accountability?
- Are Employees unsure of the policy, so they make up their own?
- Is there a lack of oversight and accountability?
Are subjective medical reasons for an absence clouding the true reason for an absence?
Subjective Inconsistent Decisions:
- Do managers exercise discretion in the enforcement of policy?
- Are some managers too lenient others too strict?
- The first leads to extra time off, the latter leads to low morale or even health risk issues?
Do employees experience different levels of discipline and accountability?
Does management policy ignorance lead to concessions, workarounds and avoidance in individual cases?
- Is it hard to research and resolve issues because it is hard to know what process was followed, and where the mistake was made?