Our Approach – WMC’s Services to Support an Absence Program
Following the assessment process, WMC can also provide services for employers to support their absence program. These services fall into 3 categories: Prevent, Respond, and Return to Work. The services are designed to support the absence program and keep your employees safe and productive.
Absence Preventative Services
What services can be utilized to prevent absences before they happen?
- Fitness to work assessments, Post offer and ongoing medical and functional assessments, including:
- Wellness programs
- Employee and Employer (Supervisor) training
Absence Response Services
How quickly are employers responding to an absence? Is the right information getting to the right person at the right time? Are absence policies consistently and fairly applied?
- The right infrastructure is an invaluable tool that allows you to collect information, share it with your team in a timely manner, and synthesize it to identify and correct issues. Absence management software is that invaluable tool, and unlike a payroll time and attendance system, absence management software captures information as it happens as a leading indicator, rather than after it happened as a trailing indicator. This proactive stance empowers your managers and HR to take action now, not investigate later.
- Absence management software helps you streamline your internal processes and policy implementation for absence management while closing costly loopholes that can affect your productivity.
- It is easy to implement web-based software that works in conjunction with a 24/7 central call centre service. Trained operators receive your employee absence calls, avoiding messages received too late or missed entirely through voicemail.
Return to Work Services
Where are the delays in getting information to case managers and RTW specialists? Are you relying on doctor’s notes?
- Return to work assessments for any type of absences (worker’s compensation, short-term disability, sick/casual absences)
- Disability case management services
- Independent medical assessments