Hearing Conservation Program
Noised Induced Hearing Loss Can Be Prevented
Noise induced hearing loss is the leading occupational disease in North America. Roughly 15% of workers are exposed to hazardous noise at work and at least 1/3 of them will experience Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL). Fortunately, NIHL can be reduced and even eliminated by implementing a comprehensive, proactive hearing conservation program. Workplace Medical Corp. can provide all of the services you need in convenient, cost effective way.
A comprehensive Hearing Conservation Program (HCP) will incorporate each of the following elements:
- Evaluate noise hazard with a noise survey and dosimetry.
- Identify sources of noise that can be reduced
- Hearing tests for all noise exposed workers on a regular basis.
- Advise and provide adequate hearing protection
- Provide employer and employee hearing conservation education and training
- Review and evaluate your hearing conservation program annually to demonstrate success
As Canada’s premier mobile hearing testing service, we have helped guide the development of highly effective hearing conservation programs for thousands of businesses and government organizations across Canada. The experience of our management and consultants, the quality of our mobile units, and the dedicated professionalism of our certified technicians ensure unparalleled program and service quality.