Claims & Disability Management Programs
Reduce costs with integrated claims and disability management programs
Integrating claims and disability management with your occupational health program creates a uniquely powerful and effective way to reduce WSIB, Short Term Disability (STD), and Long Term Disability (LTD) costs.
Claims and disability management requires resources and expertise to ensure that employees’ medical information is properly investigated, recorded and reported. It can be fragmented by occupational and non-occupational “silos”, as well as by the involvement of various external, non-medical service providers, adjudicators and consultants.
Medical expertise for an extension of medical services
At Workplace Medical Corp., we believe claims and disability management is a medical service, and therefore should be provided by a medical services company and medical professionals to remove the burden from your staff while improving end results. Claims and disability management programs extend our core occupational health and absence management services by integrating our medical support for medical time loss cases with the administration and follow-up that is required.
Our claims and disability management program is designed to ensure each claim is properly managed and administered, regardless if the payer is the WSIB, your insurance company, or your own company if you are self-insured. The goal is the same: the early and safe return to work of your employee with the follow through and expertise required to ensure that related costs are minimized and the process is implemented properly.
Elements of the WMC claims and disability program include:
- Ensuring accident investigation forms are completed properly
- Providing claim advice for possible objections to the WSIB or insurance provider
- Submitting of objection letters and representation at appeals if required
- Reviewing NEER statements and providing cost projections
- Medical support and advice to proactively manage medical issues, including our unique "Time Loss Review" medical exam and doctor-to-doctor communication
- Nurse case management to assist in the employee safe Return-to-Work, including following up with the employee, the employee’s physician, and the WMC physician, as well as coordinating additional tests and services, such as Functional Abilities Evaluations, Physical Demands Analysis and Independent Medical Exams
Adjudication services for STD plans
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you to reduce costs and increase efficiency and productivity with integrated claims and disability management programs from Workplace Medical Corp.
See also informatoin about our disability managment division "Strategic Absence Management"